Методическая разработка. Элективный курс "Петербургский экскурсовод"
Предпросмотр страницы №1
Sheremetev Palace(questions) Teacher’s list
Where is Sheremetev Palace situated? – 34, Fontanka Embankment.
What is its second name? – Fountain House.
3. Who was the first owner of the piece of land where the future palace
- The count Piotr Sheremetev, marshal Sheremetev’s son.
4. When was a one-storey stone palace built and who added the second floor?
In 1740. In 1750-1755 Sawa Chevakinsky (and Fyodor Argunov) made the 2nd floor.
5. What does this palace consist of?
It has three parts – the main building and two wings.
6. What emphasizes the central part of the façade?
A small mezzanine, that is adorned by a fronton shaped like a bow.
7. What is the building decorated with?
It is decorated with moulded heads over the windows and beautiful
8. What was on the place of today’s Liteyny Prospekt?
There was a big regular garden with classical sculptures and fountains. It had a grotto, a Chinese bower and the Hermitage Pavillion.
9. When did a striking cast iron fence appear and what was on the arch of the
- In the 19th century. The Sheremetev coat of arms.
10. What did the architect Nicholai Benois build in 1867?
- He built in the left part of the main yard a one-storey service house with gates also adorned it with the Sheremetev coat of arms.
11. What were situated on the first and second floors?
- On the first floor: service rooms, kunstkammer and rigskammer.
On the second floor: main apartments that formed two suites, one along
the main façade and the other along the garden one.
12. Where were living rooms and chapel to St Barbara the martyr? Where did
- In the wings. In the mezzanine.
13. What can you say about palace’s interior?
- Gold-plated carvings, painted ceilings and panels, decorated fabrics,
coloured ornamented parquetry.
14. How lond did the Sheremetevs own the palace and the plot? - Till 1917.
15. What was opened in the annex and why?
- the memorial museum of the poetess Anna Akhmatova.
She lived there from 1924 till 1952.
S heremetev Palace
Cast iron fence, I.Korsini The Sheremetev coat of arms
One-story service house, 1867,N.Benois Sheremetev Palace, 1750-1755,
Sheremetev palace – ex
Ex. I Find the historical event in the text that corresponds to the date
Ex.2 Complete the gaps with adjectives given in the box
Также вас может заинтересовать
Для скачивания материалов с сайта необходимо авторизоваться на сайте (войти под своим логином и паролем).
Если Вы не регистрировались ранее, Вы можете зарегистрироваться.
После авторизации/регистрации на сайте Вы сможете скачивать необходимый в работе материал.