Test in Past tenses
Предпросмотр страницы №1
Test in Past Tenses:
I. Choose the correct form of the verb:
1. I (enjoyed/had enjoyed) the film even though I (saw/had seen) it before.
2. I got up late that morning so when I (arrived/had arrived) at the station, the train (already left/ Had already left).
3. I couldn’t speak to them because when I ( phoned /had phoned),they (went/had gone) already.
4. We realized that we (met/had met) before as soon as we (saw/had seen) each other.
5. They ( lived/had lived) in their house for twenty years when they (decided/had decided ) to sell it.
6. My sister(bought/had bought) me a novel but I ( already read/had already read) it.
7.As soon as I( heard/had heard) his voice, I (knew/had known) we (had met/met) before.
8.When I (opened/had opened) the door ,the lesson (already began/had already begun).
9.She( painted/had painted) the wall before the children (came/had come) home.
10,The pupils (didn’t finish/hadn’t finished) the test when the bell (rang/had rung).
11.I (met/had met )Ann a week ago. She (just returned/had just returned) from a business trip.
12.I( finished/ had finished) writing the project at 6 o’clock yesterday.
KEYS: Part 1
2.arrived,had already left
6.bought,had already read
8.opened,had already begun
9.had painted, came
10.hadn’t finished, rang
11.met/had just returned
II. Use Past Perfect or Past Perfect Continuous.:
1. My eyes ached because I( had read/been reading ) for three hours.
2. I was very nervous at the beginning of the match. I ( had never played/been playing ) before.
3. The children were dirty. They ( had played/been playing) in the garden and they were covered in mud.
4. I knew the facts because I ( had read/been reading) the report.
5. The roads were wet because it ( had rained/been raining) all night.
6.Donald was angry.He (had worked/been working) in the kitchen all morning and no one (offered/had offered) help to him.
7.He was broke. He(had spent/been spending) all his pocket money.
8.His hands were covered in oil because he (had tried/been trying) to fix the car all morning. Unfortunately, he( had not managed/been managing) to make it start.
9.I (got/had got) to the meeting very late and everyone was waiting for me to start, the chairman told me they(had waited/been waiting ) for a whole hour.
10.When I (arrived/had arrived) at the party, Mary (had already left/been leaving)
11.We were good friends .We (had known/been knowing) each other for a long time
Также вас может заинтересовать
- Рабочая программа к учебнику Total English Starter, Longman
- Проектирование урока иностранного языка в условиях ФГОС
- Технологическая карта и конспект урока по УМК «Английский в фокусе» - «Starter» Module 2«My birthday!» Unit 5 «My food» - «Моя еда»
- Виртуальная экскурсия по Крыму
- Лексико-грамматическая викторина по теме "Школа"
Для скачивания материалов с сайта необходимо авторизоваться на сайте (войти под своим логином и паролем).
Если Вы не регистрировались ранее, Вы можете зарегистрироваться.
После авторизации/регистрации на сайте Вы сможете скачивать необходимый в работе материал.