Предпросмотр страницы №1
-Malta is an island state in the Mediterranean Sea.
-The length of an island is about-27 km, the width is- approximately 15 km.
-The geographical position of the country is not perfect , but the climate is quite comfortable-rather mild in winter ant hot in summer .
-The country is extremely limited in water recourses.
- Though Malta is the only country in Europe which doesn’t have any rivers or lakes or natural pure water recourses ,the highest points are located on the seashore.
-Malta is a parliamentary republic. The main political parties are national and labour. The constitution was adopted in1864.The power belongs to the parliament and the president , who is the leader of the government.
-The capital of Malta is Valetta. The city is named after the knight and famous general Jean Parisot de la Valette, who founded the city in XII th century. Valetta is rather popular with tourists.
-The population of the country is about 452 527 people. The main currency of the country is euro.
-There is a plenty of unique sacred places built in II-IX centuries B.C. For instance, “Hepogey” is carved in the rock 12 meters long down the Earth. The fabulous paintings of Caravaggio are displayed in St. John’s Cathedral.
There are some specific features of Malta:
-There are no borders between cities and surburbs because of the fact Malta is the smallest country in the European Community.
-The main language of the country is English, that’s why Malta is one of the biggest centers of studying English. You can find a great number of schools from beginner to advanced level.
-All the houses in Malta have their own names: Maria, Victoria etc.
-The divorces are not allowed in Malta.
-Malta is famous for the most powerful and the ancient Association of Knights in the world.
I. Answer the questions about the text:
1. What kind of state is Malta?
2. How much is the width and the length of the state?
3. Malta is a parliamentary republic, isn’t it?
4. Who founded the city in the XII th century?
5. Is euro the main or minor currency?
6. What can you say about natural recourses?
7. Do houses in Malta have their own names?
8. Is Malta the biggest or the smallest center of studying English ?
9. Malta is famous for its powerful and ancient Association of Knights ,isn ’t it?
10. Whose paintings are displayed in St. John’s Cathedral?
II. Find the correct synonyms to the phrases:
1. the position on the map-
2. very comfortable-
3. natural still water-
4. constitutional republic-
5. the chief of the government-
Также вас может заинтересовать
Для скачивания материалов с сайта необходимо авторизоваться на сайте (войти под своим логином и паролем).
Если Вы не регистрировались ранее, Вы можете зарегистрироваться.
После авторизации/регистрации на сайте Вы сможете скачивать необходимый в работе материал.